Personal Injury

Home » Services » Personal Injury
Personal Injury2021-08-13T16:29:21+01:00

Personal Injury Experts

Looking for the best Solicitors in Staffordshire and Cheshire to help you obtain compensation for an injury?

If you have had an accident, you may well be experiencing pain and suffering. You may also be experiencing some financial losses. Defendants are mostly covered by large insurance companies, so it is important that you have the very best legal advisor by your side to make the process as smooth as possible. Our friendly team at Beeston Shenton Solicitors work for you and with you to fight for the best possible result in the fastest possible time, and ensure that you are compensated adequately. The Personal Injury Solicitors at Beeston Shenton have over 35 years experience in advising members on the public and settling optimum levels of compensation, and the sooner you instruct us the better your outcome is likely to be.

No Win No Fee Compensation

We offer a complete No Win No Fee service meaning that if you are not successful in your claim against the other side, you will not have to pay us anything. If your claim is successful the majority of your basic legal costs and disbursements will be paid for by the third party. Costs which are not recoverable will be deducted from your general damages. Our Personal Injury team can advise you on your funding options during our free initial consultation, so this is one less thing for you to worry about.

Make a Free Enquiry

Call us now on 01782 662424, email or complete our Free Online Enquiry for a free, no-obligation discussion and let us explain your legal rights and options.

Experienced Injury Lawyers In Newcastle

If you have sustained an injury, or been made ill, due to no fault of your own, you could be entitled to compensation. Beeston Shenton specialise in all aspects of Personal Injury and Medical Negligence law and will fight on your behalf to win what’s yours. Even if you are not sure whether or not you have a valid claim, we are always happy to hear from you to discuss your circumstances and help clarify the options available. All initial enquiries are completely free of charge and without obligation: we do not want anything to prevent you from obtaining the best advice possible when it comes to accidents and medical negligence. Plus, if your claim is not successful, you won’t have to pay us a penny.

Access To Financial Help And Medical Care

Dealing with the aftermath of an injury is very upsetting for the whole family, especially when it is not your fault and could have been avoided. It is distressing when you are expected to carry on as normal. Beeston Shenton Solicitors know that each claim is unique and each individual has different needs. We listen to understand your situation and try to help you as quickly as possible. We can request interim payments from the defendant to ease the financial burden of an accident. We also have access to expert medical advice and can arrange rehabilitation if needed. Our personal injury solicitors claim for compensation for your injuries and any related financial losses. We aim to put you back in the same financial position you were in before the accident, as well as providing compensation for your injuries.

Our Personal Injury Services

Our Personal Injury team are experienced at handling a broad spectrum of accident and injury claims. We realise that as a result of an accident you might be suffering from pain and facing new unexpected challenges. We are here to give you the advice you need and the support to make a claim for compensation where needed.

We always represent the injured party; whether that be the driver of a car,
motorcycle, bicycle, or a passenger in the car. We have experience representing
individuals when they have been a passenger in the car of the at fault driver and
passengers in the vehicle being driven by the innocent party. We can also advise
you if you have been in an RTA with multiple vehicles, or if your vehicle was
stationary at the time of a collision.

We also offer a dedicated service to vulnerable parties including cyclists,
pedestrians, motorcyclists, and horse riders.

Our service ensures you are provided with the optimum level of compensation
and remuneration for any losses you have incurred. We can claim for both
physical and psychological injuries and get you assessed by one of our medical

In a car accident or any other vehicle collision, you might be able to claim for the

  • Compensation For Vehicle Damage
  • Cost Of A Hire Vehicle
  • Loss Of Use Of Vehicle
  • Vehicle Recovery Costs
  • Vehicle Storage Expenses
  • Loss Of Fuel In The Tank

You should ensure that you report any accident to your insurers immediately.

Having a road traffic accident can be a very distressing experience. It can be made even more stressful if the person responsible for the accident turns out to be uninsured or leaves the scene of the accident without leaving appropriate details to trace them or their insurers.

Whilst you may not be able to pursue a claim against the at fault party, there is an alternative means of obtaining compensation through the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB). The Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) is a non-profit organisation set up by
motor insurers in order for innocent victims to seek compensation for accidents involving uninsured/untraced drivers.

Untraced Drivers Agreement
In essence, the Agreement provides for the MIB to compensate victims who would have succeeded in a claim had the responsible motorist been identified.

The MIB will try to locate the responsible party, but if it fails to do so it will assess the circumstances of the accident and make a decision as to who was at fault. If the untraced driver is found to be at fault, the MIB will obtain medical evidence and make an offer on your claim. We can advise you through this process and any potential offer.

Uninsured Drivers Agreement
If you have been injured through an uninsured vehicle or a stolen car, we can submit an uninsured driver compensation claim on your behalf through the MIB. MIB will investigate the claim and if the uninsured party is found to be at fault they will obtain medical evidence and make an offer of settlement on your claim.

It is an employer’s duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees and other people who might be affected by their business. Employers must do whatever is reasonably practicable to achieve this. If you have had an
accident at work, an employer may be in breach of that duty, and you might be entitled to compensation.

Following an accident it is important that you complete an accident report book detailing how you sustained the injury and when. This is important evidence for your claim.

If you have a trip, slip or fall in a public building or outdoor space, the owner will generally be liable for any negligence. Most owners will have public liability insurance to cover any financial compensation and expenses caused by negligence on the policy holder’s land or premises.

We cover all accidents that have occurred in public places. In the past this has included obtaining compensation for a Claimant who slipped in a supermarket isle due to a spillage, and also a Claimant who slipped on ice in a leisure centre car park.

If you have sustained an injury in a public place, it is important that you report the accident to the owner or member of staff. You should also seek appropriate medical attention right away.

If you have had a tripping accident in the street, you might have a claim against the relevant Highway Authority. They are responsible for the proper maintenance and repair of the highways.

The compensation we provide is designed to get you back on your feet in the aftermath of an accident and reimburse you with any accident related financial losses, such as the loss of wages.

Serious injuries are devastating injuries that have a profound long term impact on a person and their family. That impact can be both physical and psychological and the level of compensation we can obtain for you will reflect this.

Examples of serious injury can be;

  • Fracture
  • Brain Injury
  • Injury To The Spine
  • Amputation Of Limb
  • Lasting Psychological Damage
  • Burns
  • Medical Negligence
  • Loss Of Fetus
  • Fatal Injuries

We can obtain compensation for these injuries, as well as the significant care, rehabilitation and support that might be required. We can claim for financial losses that have been incurred as well as future losses. In particular, if you are unable to return to work, we can claim for future loss of earnings including loss of pension. It could be that adaptations will be needed to your home or mobility aids are required. Expert medical advice will be sought and the appropriate treatment and equipment claimed for on your behalf. We can guide you and your family through these difficult times.

Having an accident is always an upsetting time, but when it happens to your child it can be devastating. If your child or baby has been injured in an accident or because of negligence, as their parent or guardian you can make a personal injury claim for compensation on their behalf.

If they are under the age of 18, the court will appoint an appropriate adult to act as their ‘litigation friend’. This is usually a parent but can be another adult. The action is brought in the names of both the child and the litigation friend who will give instructions and accept advice on the child’s behalf.

You can make a child personal injury claim for them anytime up to their 18th birthday when they legally become an adult. If no claim has been made by that point, children have until they are 21 to bring a claim themselves. However, it is always best to instruct us sooner rather than later so we can easily obtain any evidence available in the claim.

If you or a member of your family has had an accident on holiday, whether that be in the United Kingdom or abroad, you might be entitled to make a travel accident claim.

A package holiday compensation claim might be possible where the accident has occurred in your hotel grounds or if you were injured in a vehicle while on a journey organised as part of a package holiday . We can also help with accidents which occurred while you were travelling to and from your holiday, whether by train, boat, aeroplane or cruise ship.

If you have been travelling overseas for work purposes we can help you understand what you are entitled to claim for in compensation where the accident occurs as a result of someone else’s negligence.

If you have suffered an injury as a result of a physical or sexual assault, and you were not at fault, you may be entitled to compensation. Beeston Shenton will seek compensation on your behalf through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), which is a government-funded authority that allows redress for blameless victims of violent crimes. The defendant does not necessarily need to be convicted, so you should not wait until the end of a court case to start you claim.

The CICA will investigate the circumstances of the attack and request a police report. It is therefore very important that you report any criminal injury to the police and fully cooperate with their investigation. The CICA can say that if there is not a statement from you, then you will not be entitled to compensation.

The CICA operates the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme which sets a tariff of injuries that determines how much compensation will be awarded.

The time limit for making an application for compensation through the CICA is two years from the date of the crime taking place. There can be exceptions to this rule if, due to exceptional circumstances, the applicant could not have applied earlier. If an applicant was a child under the age of 18 on the date of the criminal incident, they have until they turn 20 years old to submit a claim.

We should expect that the products we buy to meet certain standards and be safe to use. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. The producer of a product is liable for injury caused by a defect in that product. If it is proved that the safety of the product was less than a reasonable standard you can make a claim. It is not necessary to prove negligence.

If you or a family member have been injured due to a defective or faulty product, the team at Beeston Shenton could obtain the compensation you deserve.

You can claim for medical negligence if your treatment fell below a minimum professional standard of competence and you suffered an injury that was otherwise avoidable.

You can also claim if you are the next of kin of someone who has died because of negligent care, or who cannot represent themselves, such as a child or someone with a mental disability. You may then be able to act on their behalf in seeking legal compensation.

Contact Us About Your Claim Now

All initial enquiries are free of charge and without obligation.

At Beeston Shenton we have over 35 years’ experience specialising in Personal Injury Law. Our knowledge is extensive and we have in-depth experience in every aspect of liability and quantum. We will not make a charge for reviewing the circumstances of an accident to assess whether it’s a case that is likely to be successful.

Call us now on 01782 662424, email or complete our Free Online Enquiry and we will be delighted to help you.

Our office hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and will explain your options.

Covid Safe Free Home Appointments Available.

*The only cost to you is the phone call at standard call rates but the initial conversation with us is free and you will not be billed for our time.


A huge thank you to Juliette Carter and Sophie Mathers for their professional and efficient handling of every step of the process from start to finish, ensuring a speedy stress free completion at what has been a difficult time for everyone.

Pauline, Client

Our Latest Thoughts On Personal Injury Law…

What am I entitled to claim for after an accident? 

It’s the question we get asked the most in our Personal Injury team! What can I claim for or what am I entitled to because of my accident? There’s no real clear-cut answer as everything needs to be considered on a case-by-case basis and no two injuries are ever the same!  Firstly, the common denominator is that the accident must not have been your fault. You can only claim compensation [...]

WAIT! Don’t contact the council straight after an injury in the street… 

Yes, you read that correctly. We’d advise not contacting the council straight away after you’ve fallen down on a public street and been injured. It might seem counterintuitive but there are a few good reasons why you should wait and contact legal advice instead.  Essentially it boils down to this: certain incident claims can be more difficult to prove than others. So we need to give you the best chance [...]

Is there really a compensation culture?

You’ve probably heard the saying, “where there’s a blame, there’s a claim.” If you’re wondering where the statement came from or what it alludes to then we’re here to explain and de-myth! Essentially, it alludes to compensation culture, along with other sayings like “Crash for Cash!”  Compensation culture or ‘compo culture’ is a term used to describe people who make a significant number of claims for compensation. Usually, the claims [...]

Go to Top